How to Install Node .js® and NPM on Windows
No blocking of process in Node.Services can run concurrently without having to interfere with one another and this is because Node.js does not perform input and output process directly.
As a developer,its good to master one language that will enable you to deliver a full stack web application. Node.js can also be used to develop desktop applications.Also Node.js comes with tools for deploying websites and developing them.
Steps to How to Install Node .js
Getting started with Node.js is pretty easy.You just need to Install it using Installer package that is straightforward.
- First you need to Download Node.js
- Click on the Install to run (.msi) file that you have already downloaded.
- Follow prompts given by the installer.Click next as show below.
4.After completing the steps you will need to restart the computer.You will not be able to run Node.js until the computer is restarted.
How to test if Node .js® and NPM are Installed.
Next step after Installing Node.js is to test if they are working.
- Test Node-To check if Node has been Installed,Open Command prompt by typing CMD on search text.Type node -v .This command should print Node version like this one v0.10.35
- Test NPM-this is the next test.Type npm -v on the same command prompt.If everything is okay,the output should be like 1.4.28
Node is installed!.”
Below is a caption of all the tests.
If this article helped you dont forget to hit the share button.